Week 46's stitch is the Checkered, or Magic, Chain stitch. Here is mine, forming a stem for my open-based needle-woven picot stitch flower. I used GAST "Harvest Basket" and Forest Glade" as my alternating colors...
I did try to be creative and use three colors but I had tension issues, with the threads not wanting to cooperate, resulting in a hot mess on both the front and the back of the fabric, so I ripped that out and settled for just two...
Born in New Jersey, I grew up in Southeastern Ohio. Attended university at Bowling Green State University (B.Sci in biological science, 1964), University of Southern California (M. Sci in biological science, 1967) and University of Florida (Ph. D in zoology, 1971).
Follow Me to...
* 2012 Color Palette Challenge
* 2012 WIPocaplypse
* 2012 Bead Journal Project
* Take a Stitch Tuesday 2012
* Crazy Quilt Journal Project Challenge 2013
* Crazy Quilt Journal Project Challenge
* Cross Stitch Crazy
* Cross Stitch Crazy forum
* On Beads and Needles
* Black Swamp Quilter's Guild
* Craft Kingdom Quilting
* The Crime Readers Association
* Blog #3 BJP 2010
* Blog #1 BJP 2011