Here is my take on the Scroll Stitch, using #5 perle (purple), six strands of DMC cotton floss (dark red) and boucle baby yarn (pale pink):
I did have tension issues on this one, especially when I neared the end of a strand of thread, so the "scroll" nature of the stitch isn't nearly as visible as I would like. In fact, it looks a lot like what a two-year-old would call handwriting to me!
Born in New Jersey, I grew up in Southeastern Ohio. Attended university at Bowling Green State University (B.Sci in biological science, 1964), University of Southern California (M. Sci in biological science, 1967) and University of Florida (Ph. D in zoology, 1971).
Follow Me to...
* 2012 Color Palette Challenge
* 2012 WIPocaplypse
* 2012 Bead Journal Project
* Take a Stitch Tuesday 2012
* Crazy Quilt Journal Project Challenge 2013
* Crazy Quilt Journal Project Challenge
* Cross Stitch Crazy
* Cross Stitch Crazy forum
* On Beads and Needles
* Black Swamp Quilter's Guild
* Craft Kingdom Quilting
* The Crime Readers Association
* Blog #3 BJP 2010
* Blog #1 BJP 2011