What I stitched on in November:
I decoded that I wasn't making a lot of progress in rotational stitching where I alternating projects daily. Instead, I decided to settle on a project week, more or less. I don't know if this resulted in more progress but it made me feel a little more positive about my stitching.
1. Fox & Rabbit's Patreon "Temperature Chart" for the year 2023. Stitched on 28 ct. "Star Sapphire" Gobelin (although it looks more pale green than "sapphire" to me) using DMC floss. I'm stitching the day's low on the left side of the hearts and the high on the right side. All temperatures are based on the recorded highs and lows from an online "past weather" temperature chart for near-by Bowling Green, Ohio (we don't have a reliable outdoor temperature thermometer for our home so I'm assuming same ZIP code, similar temperature, although that isn't totally accurate). I am pretty much keeping up with the days, waiting until I have at least five days of temperatures charted to stitch each session. I spend the rest of the time on the border and the hangers. The picture below shows temperatures through November 20 and the border finally stitched out...
I have started on the borders, parts of which were in the January, March, and June pattern releases. Since I have so much of the pattern in hand (through November with the final December installment due this coming week), I am setting the borders on each side and then trying to finish the stitching in the center of the pattern, from left to right, top to bottom. I hope that this approach will result in better progress and allow me to account for the stitching error in installment one. As a result, I have the majority of the April installment (on the right) and about one third of the February installment (on the left) complete. That medallion on the left is giving me major headaches and I was frogging more than stitching last night, but I think I've got it sussed out now... Fingers crossed!
Don't ask me why but I really liked the look of this one and so I started a new piece! AAARGH!
All blackwork, but I decided to play with color here. I have done parts of the wreath so that I can place the ornaments, and done the stitching on three of the four ornaments released so far.
4. Stitchonomy SAL for 2023 "Kingdom's of Life". All I have finished so far (the frame, the bacteria and the plants) were shown in previous posts. I am doing some color editing on two installments before I proceed. No progress this month.
~~~~~ A COMPLETION!~~~~~
I finished the Stitchonomy Halloween 2023 SAL! Stitched in DMC (two strands) on the kit 14-ct AIDA (a sort of brownish olive green), with charms from the kit added. All it needs now is to be hemmed and hung as a banner... Need to search my stash to see if I have a suitable hanger...
To sum up my November stitchery progress:
- I have made no progress on my long-term WIPS (Elizabeth Almond's "Save the Stitches", Glendon Place's "Hope & Strength" which needs beads, Stitchonomy's 2022 "Christmas Banner" which needs beads)
- I made significant progress on "2023 Temperature" and some progress on "Royal Garden, with Fox & Rabbit pieces
- I completed The Stitchonomy Halloween SAL
- I start4ed a Christmas SAL
I may have one more completion in 2023, with another piece close to completion as well, assuming the holidays don't put a hitch in my stitching plans.
Keeping my stitching fingers limber --- and crossed!