And now it's time to report in for WIPocalypse, where the topic of the moon is "Where do you buy most of your stitching supplies?"
Sadly, online, when I do buy, as we have no local needlework shop and the big box stores aren't very good about keeping what stock they do have up to date.
I have a fairly large stash of DMC and Anchor which I "shop". so, lately, I haven't bought much except for the odd skein of DMC when I find I have none of the right color (This shortage, by the way, is becoming more and more frequent.). I try to shop the DMC store online if possible for threads.
I do subscribe to a number of magazines and a few online sites, and, in the rare event that a pattern appeals to me (most, sadly, do not - altogether too twee for my taste), I will use them as my chart source. I rarely buy kits anymore if I can help it as I'm no fan of being shorted on threads or fabric (which has happened all too often in the past) and I try to avoid AIDA (which most kits come with) at all costs.
As for fabric, I've been shopping my stash, although I am running low on the larger cuts and evenweaves so may have to splurge out in 2016.
When I do buy charts, fabric and/or specialty threads, my shop of choice is Needle in a Haystack in Alameda, CA (a treasure trove of goodies and a staff without equal! If they don't have it, they will try and find it, and I can't fault them for their service or their quality.).
So, last WIPocalypse, I set the following goals:
• September block for the Crazy Quilt Journal/ Bead Journal Projects (the block is assembled --- embellishment with stitchery and beads is all (yeah, all!) that is required = DONE
• Start on "Rematch of Roll Your Own", trying to get at least the outline completed and placement of "Revenge" and "Return" established. = Placement DONE:
So I will reset those goals, modify them somewhat, and add a few more for next month! My goals will be (not necessarily in the order listed):
- finish outline of "Revenge"
- put some stitches into "Save the Stitches" blackwork
- Design and prepare the base blocks for the Crazy Quilt/Bead Journal Project for October, November and December
- Complete the October blocks for the Crazy Quilt/Bead Journal Project
- Quilt three placemats for the quilt guild holiday project
All this assumes that a weekend away at a papercrafting class and two football games (both mid-week night games) don't chase away my still rather fragile stitching mojo!