- Green Thumb Challenge quilt for my quilt guild
- "Dossier" block for the guild
- Five "crazy blocks" for the guild
- "Retreating the the Pines" challenge block for the guild
Bead Journal Project 2014
Ten (of twelve) atc-sized beaded ornaments: "Snowy" Owl, Love Birds, "Celtic" Owl, "Peep", "Goldfinch" Owl,
Anniversary, "Patriot" Owl, "Firebird" cardinal, "Sports Fan" Owl, and "Bat Bird" The last two (one for November and one for December) are sketched and kitted but not started.
Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2014
12 blocks, the latest of which is here:
Forty-nine stitches which can be seen on "pages" in this album. They included: Linked Chain, Beaded Linked Chain, Shell Chain, Beaded Shell Chain, Eastern, Beaded Eastern, Triangular Buttonhole, Beaded Triangular Buttonhole, Beaded Butterfly Chain, Buttonholed Cable Chain, Beaded Buttonholed Cable Chain, Cretan Looped, Beaded Cretan Looped, Rice Stitch (varieties), Square Box, Rope, ZigZag Coral , Feathered Chain , Beaded Feathered Chain, Long Tail Chain (plain, beaded and whipped), Beaded Vandyke, Bullion Vandyke, Braided Buttonhole, Woven Trellis, Double Herringbone, Twisted Lattice, Chained Bar, Woven Chained Bar, Closed Herringbone, Beaded Herringbone, Alternating Up-and-Down Buttonhole, Beaded Alternating Up-and-Down Buttonhole, Interlaced Up-and-Down Buttonhole, Lock, Double Lock, Beaded Lock, Kiko's Flower, Triple Chain, Fern, Beaded Fern, Knotted Buttonhole, Beaded Knotted Buttonhole, Barb, Beaded Barb and Threaded Cable Chain stitches! Whew!
"Ladybug & Daisy" designed by Valentina Sardu for Ajisai designs
WIPS which are STILL WIPS!
- "Save the Stitches" designed by Elizabeth Almond, for which the last three "blocks" of stitches have been issued. My last photo of this one is here.
- "The Roll Your Own" mandalas, of which two - the original "RYO" and "Reloaded" - are stitched and the third - "Bride" - is in progress. Only six to go!!!
- My travel needlepoint piece "Palm Tree Elegance"
- One log cabin block and one crazy block for use in a "Seed Bead Botany" online class which I have yet to start.
- The assembly of two Crazy Quilt Journal years - 2013 and 2104 and one Bead Journal year into wall hangings. Borders, sandwiching, quilting and binding required...
Kind of overwhelmed but the lack of stitchery productivity this year. I blame a rekindled interest in mixed media/papercrafting, a road trip in June and July, and the current stretch of winter holiday festivities (preparation for) for most of this loss of stitching mojo. Then there were the football games for which we got free tickets and sat in the President's Box, receptions at the President's Residence for various events, etc. etc. etc. All of which took up entire days which MIGHT have been spent stitching if I weren't otherwise engaged! We've become social butterflies!
What is even sadder is the accumulation of taped television series on my DVR which could well take a month to view, even in binge mode!
But, as you can see, I have enough WIPs to keep me busy through 2015 and beyond!